See our Tweets

Looking for the perfect blend – the perfect balance?

The rewards are rich and varied on Alderney…


Alderney operates an Employment Permit system for UK and EU citizens.

Anyone seeking gainful employment requires a work permit although certain categories of employment are exempt. Citizens of a non-EU country must apply for a working visa which allows employment to be undertaken in the UK. You are advised to check with your nearest British Embassy or High Commission.

For anyone to apply for an Employment Permit, they need to have been offered a job first. Application forms can be obtained in person from the States of Alderney General Office or downloaded from the States of Alderney official website.

For more information about employment permits, feel free to contact:

The States of Alderney
Chief Executive’s Office
PO Box 1001, Alderney, GY9 3AA
Tel: +44 (0) 1481 823064
Fax: +44 (0) 1481 824447